The Kingston Tennis was formed in 1926 at Kingston Beach. The club leased a court near the recreation ground after having previously used several public and private courts. The club became affiliated with the Tasmanian Tennis Association in 1928.
In the 1950’s the Kingston Tennis Club moved to an asphalt court at the Australasian Hotel at Kingston Beach, fielding teams of all grades in various rosters. Later, council courts where constructed in Recreation Street next to the football ground. A second court was added in 1953.
In 1981 the Kingston Tennis Club relocated to its current site on Kingston View Drive, in the sports precinct. Starting with a small clubroom and 4 Flexipave courts. In 1989 lights were installed on all courts and a hitting wall was added.
Between 1992 and 2002 the Flexipave courts were upgraded to Supergrasse and an additional two courts were built.
In 2011, a new clubhouse was built, replacing the smaller structure, providing modern facilities with kitchen, change rooms and showers.